It is that time of year again and August is Back to School Safety Month!
Here Are Some Simple Reminders for Drivers:
- Slow down and be especially alert in the residential neighborhoods and school zones
- Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians, and on curbs
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully
- Watch for children on and near the road in the morning and school hours
- Reduce distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings. Put down your phone and don’t talk or text while driving.
Reminders for Your Kids:
- They should cross the street with an adult until they are at least 10 years old
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks
- Never run out onto the streets or cross in between parked cars
- Make sure they always walk in front of the bus where the driver can see them
And don’t forget about transporting those little ones! Here is a link for more information:
All information was provided by:http://www.safekids.org/safety-basics/safety-spotlight/back-to-school-safety/